IAPA has many ways to volunteer based on your time availability and interest area including:
- Board Member
- Committee Member
- HIV Prevention Education Instructor
- Summer Internship Program
- University Service Learning Program Intern
One of the goals of IAPA is to provide a rewarding and life changing experience for both the volunteers who come from the United States as well as those who are from India. This is accomplished in several ways, including:
- Basic Tamil instruction to facilitate basic communication with those in Chennai, allowing for volunteers to completely immerse themselves in South Indian culture.
- An orientation for the volunteers from both the United States and India to prepare them for working together.
- Free time in the evenings and weekends to go out to experience local culture while exploring Chennai including its surrounding towns, beaches, and cultural sites.
- Select long weekends off from teaching to travel near and far and visit beautiful places all across India.
In addition to curbing the spread of HIV, a major focus of this organization is to show the volunteers the beauty of India and encourage them to invest their hearts in Indian culture while continuing the fight against HIV. We believe that by doing this the volunteers are motivated to even greater degree to have a lasting impact in Chennai.